Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Post-Fast Eating

I certainly hope that my stomach (appetite) shrank after fasting yesterday.

That's one of the principles behind the pre-fast advice of eating less before a fast. That way your body will expect less food. If you stuff yourself, unless it's till long-lasting nausea, you'll just be hungrier.

I broke the fast on a few small bowls of my legendary easy-to-make vegetable soup, a new lower carbohydrate version, and then I had a cucumber, and after that I warmed up my remaining baked apple and then added goat yogurt to it. Besides the water I drank, that was it, and I didn't crave anything else. I didn't report it to my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet account.

I just set up today's food, which took longer than planned, since the site was giving me trouble. Its reactions were slower than usual, and it didn't correct easily after I planned a 1/4 more protein than permitted. I did redo, but it kept saying I didn't, and I almost quit in frustration.

In week 4, I'm allowed some bread, but I'm sure my weight loss will cease if I take them up on it.

Now for my busy day.

2 comments:

Leora said...

In week 4, I'm allowed some bread, but I'm sure my weight loss will cease if I take them up on it.

I think you should follow your instinct.

Great that you've kept this up this long!

Batya said...

Thanks
I almost never eat the maximum food each day.