Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thank G-d For The Rain

This post isn't about the weather. I don't know why I gave it that title. Maybe it's because without rain, my vegetables won't grow here in Israel, and as you can see from the pictures, I do eat a lot of vegetables. I always have. That's how I was raised. So you wonder, so do I, why am I so fat? I ought to start my annual, (which never takes place every year,) check ups. This time I'll ask that the blood test check my thyroid, too.

It's hard to believe, but I'm finishing week three out of five of my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet. I hope to get to my neighbor today to see how much weight I've lost. My skirts feel looser, really.


I do eat well on this diet. I have cooked vegetables almost every meal along with fresh salad. Some meals are only salads, and sometimes I feel that I've had enough salads, so there are cooked vegetables. Generally the protein is either eggs, fish, tofu or white (hard or soft) cheese. I stopped eating yellow cheese a few years ago. There are just too many ingredients. Read the fine print on the package. Also my cooking has a minimum of ingredients.


Like this baked vegetable dish. You can see everything; just sprinkle on some oil and any spices you want. It's no more difficult than making a sandwich. You just need the cooking time. If you like to microwave, which I don't, it really takes a couple of minutes.

If you want to cut out the oil, bake it on the special paper or in a cooking bag. No, you don't have to burn it like I did.


The
Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet recommends a lot of tofu, but I think the amount they like is too much for me. Not everyone digests tofu easily, so next time I'm reducing the portion.


Fish is great, and it's filling. I found some individually-wrapped in the freezer section of our local supermarket.



Dieting shouldn't mean starving. I love to eat, and I'd really like to get a couple of sizes off of me. That would still leave me overweight, but I want to find a weight and eating "style" I can live with. I don't want to get myself to a weight which becomes the launching pad for another weight gain.

No comments: