Friday, December 26, 2008

Maybe I Made A Mistake

The door's open. I just had to open the merpeset, balcony, door. The house stinks of cooked food, burnt candles and oil. It's like some old tenement.

The problem is that it's freezing outside, though not raining. There was a drop of blue in the sky, so I took the sheets off the bed and piled them into the washing machine, along with other things which dry best outside on my fantastic 5 meter clothes lines. But the clouds are back, so it may not be a good day to wash the sheets.

Of course, since we're in the midst of a very serious drought, it's forbidden to complain about rain. Without rain, there won't be water to launder the clothes, wash the dishes and ourselves, nor will there be water to fill the swimming pools.

Keep praying for rain, but... maybe it could be just a bit warmer. My fingers and feet are frozen...

No comments: