Monday, December 15, 2008

Just Another Few Days

Don't you see that gorgeous dla'at, Israeli pumpkin? I was in Machane Yehuda Market today, and these big, thick, juicy orange pumpkins kept staring at me, tempting me. I'm not allowed to eat them at all during the first week of my Start Fresh diet. Later they're among the "limited, starchy vegetables." Well, that's something to look forward to.

Think of what a good dieting girl I've become. I'm craving pumpkin.

Today was a big challenge. I ate out at the Cafe` in the Steimatsky Book Shop in the Mamila Mall. I got a tuna salad sans potatoes. They first served me "with," but I returned it. The quantity may have been too much, but I didn't touch the bread. I asked for it to be "bagged." I'll slice it and put it in the freezer for when I can eat it.


It's a very pretty restaurant. At least my friend and I had a good table.



I went to the Neve Ya'akov pool this morning and had a great workout. Then got off in the center of Jerusalem and walked to Mamila, where I met my lunch friend. So that's a lot of exercise.

Afterwards she dropped me off at the ACE deja vu Houminer Hardware Store. People who live in Jerusalem in the 1970's are bound to remember "Houminer's." It was the place to buy nice closets and rods for the bathroom and a lot of other things that today you find at ACE. It's funny, but I can't remember what was there before the ACE moved in, because it was always "the Houminer Building" for me. And now, it's like a resurrection, but just with a different name. I bought us a new garbage pail for the kitchen. The clerk was nice and made me a handle out of tape, so I could carry it easily.

I carried it to Machaneh Yehuda market, where the dla'at teased me, and I bought some carrots and cucumbers. I can eat them "unlimited." Then I continued walking until I got to the bus station. Traffic was awful, so I just kept thanking G-d for making me healthy enough to walk the necessary distance. Yes, I did get a lot of exercise.

Then when I got home, I tried to catch up on a few things. If you check my other blogs, you'll see what... For dinner I had chicken, cooked for Shabbat, but heated up with a carrot, squash and an onion. Served with some salad, of course. I always try to do all the week's meat/poultry cooking when I'm cooking for Shabbat. It makes it much easier to eat well.

I always eat the salad and vegetables first, then, lastly the chicken.

No comments: