Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Was Planning on Showing You My Tofu Meal, but...

... it got a bissel burnt, but it tasted great! According to Start Fresh, we can eat lots more tofu than cheese, fish or poultry.

I made it in my large covered frying pan by sauteing the tofu with onion, carrot and squash. I took a large, too soft tomato and put the cut up pieces on top of the other vegetables. When I realized that I had cooked it a couple of minutes too long, I poured some tamari sauce over it. I ate it with beansprouts and an orange pepper.


This is a picture of my Friday omelet, made with vegetables and served with salad.

And here's today's very late lunch. I was in Jerusalem until 2 and didn't want to spend a fortune on a salad. Earlier in the morning I ate the cucumber I had taken along. I just bit into it, as if it was a long giant cookie. Then on the way to the bus, I bought a plain yogurt, low fat. So I had my snack before lunch. Then when I got home, I heated up some vegetables from Shabbat, poured in a can of tuna, packed in water. I wasn't looking forward to the dry tuna, but the cooked vegetables made it much easier and more pleasant to eat. That's the trick. Of course, I had some salad with it.


And for supper I had the tofu. I'm sort of getting used to the idea of dieting. I visited my sons in Nachlaot while walking from the Center of Jerusalem to the bus station. I told them and the other guys in the apartment how I ended up being on a diet. Everyone was very polite. Nobody pointed out that I really need to be on a diet.

Following is some very nice music to eat by from the dinner in Honor of Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz.



No comments: