Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Should Wait

News from the states is of bargains I'm missing, sales so irresistible, I can't imagine not buying and buying, even if I don't need anything. I keep getting tempted to call my daughter and sister-in-law:


"Maybe you can find me a ... or a ..."

But then I remember, I'm losing weight on the Start Fresh kosher diet. And I did lose some weight. And I'm not tired of the diet, nor am I craving food, forbidden food that is.

Actually, I don't need to ask favors or spend a thousand dollars plus to get to New York for sales. I keep getting text messages from my favorite Jerusalem stores about "2 for the price of 1" and other great deals.

I can't, wouldn't dare, predict how much weight I'll be taking off, if it'll make any real difference in my clothes. I could lose 30-40 pounds (14-18 kilo) and still be overweight, but I guess my present clothes would look funny.

Taking off the weight is one thing; keeping it off is even harder.

Right now, it's easier to resist the cakes than the sales...

No comments: