Monday, December 22, 2008

Day Two of Chanukah

I have a lot of babysitting to do this week. My daughter isn't on a "teachers' schedule."

The girls and I made sufganiyiyot, and I didn't even taste them. Not even one.

That's for two reasons. One, I wasn't offered any. There wasn't all that much batter, and the girls had so much fun. They never offered, but actually, I never end up eating at my daughter's. I can't sit down to eat when I'm busy with the kids.

Actually, my daughter and I planned on my eating there, eating a meat meal. The sufganiyot are dairy, meaning that once a drop of meat has been eaten, we're forbidden from eating the sufganiyot. That was the plan.

We're both trying to lose weight. I'm on the Start Fresh kosher diet, and I'm amazed at how easy it has been. I don't feel hungry, and I'm starting to eat less. I rarely eat all the food I've planned in the personal daily menu.

The girls had a friend over.


They lit Chankah candles in the Chanukiyot they had decorated in gan, nursery school.

No comments: