Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Best Sandwich Deal in Jerusalem

Not long ago, I was blogging about the NS20- price limit for lunch. That's about $5.50 at today's rate. Besides sandwiches, it's hard to find anything for that price or less. That's not too good for a dieter for sure.

So, I get stuck eating sandwiches out. I try to stick with tuna.

This week I had two very similar faux bagel sandwiches. Neither had that heavy "real bagel" taste and texture. Real bagels are boiled and then baked. The fauxs are lighter.

One of these sandwiches cost almost double the other. One I ate seated at a table, relaxing and wasting time. The other one was in a less "formal" setting, but I did sit and enjoy it. Actually the cheaper one didn't have mayonnaise. I was able to choose the "unadulterated" tuna.



By looking at the sandwiches, could you really see why one should cost me NS18 and the other NS9.90? The only problem is that the less expensive one can't be found where I bought the other one.


"Sam's" was bought in the Ramat Eshkol shopping center and the other one was at the "Ne'eman" in the Jerusalem Central Bus Station. It's sold in two restaurants on the second floor. I guess they saved money by not having the sign proofread.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

When I think of the year I spent in Israel I think: sandwiches.

Batya said...

Definitely the best for the money, and bread here is so delicious.