Wednesday, December 31, 2008

8 Pounds or 3.6 Kilo

No, that's not the weight of a baby, though it could be. It's the amount of weight I lost in the first three weeks of my Start Fresh kosher weight loss diet.

Thank G-d; I can't complain. I have no real weightloss goal. I just want to get my life back on the right food track. Whatever weight goes off, deserves to be gone. I have lots and lots more to lose. Oops! Suddenly I felt like I was sounding like the Israeli government trying to explain its war aims. It's OK in a diet, as long as a doctor didn't prescribe major changes, oops! again.

Thank G-d it's raining, but I just couldn't drag myself out for a walk, and I was too cold in my house, and I do need daily exercise.

Tonight I made quinoa for the first time. I cooked up my usual vegetables, onions, carrots and squash (sauteed in oil) and added the quinoa and some boiling water when the vegetables were almost cooked. Start Fresh considers it a carbohydrate, and I'm allowed two servings per day in week three. I think I used too much water. It was sort of like a soup, but that's OK. It's winter, freezing winter. Not only didn't I measure exactly, I didn't even consult with a cookbook. So sue me!

5 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! You should be very proud of yourself.

Sarah Likes Green said...

well done!
:)

Batya said...

Raizy, Sarah, thanks!

I'm truly amazed that the diet is working. I eat tons of food, but almost no carbs and little fats. The customer support is good, and all of you cheering me on really help.

mother in israel said...

Kol hakavod!

Batya said...

mii, thanks
I guess this public diet and the great start fresh food plan are the perfect combo for me.