Friday, November 07, 2008

Perfect Little Story

This could have, so easily, been one of those Chelm-like, aggravating stories, but, Baruch Hashem, thank G-d.

When I was in Jerusalem the other day, I went into the Alba Pharmacy, a Jerusalem landmark, and one of the few drug stores not part of the big chains. I used to shop in the Ora Pharmacy, but it was sold to a chain, and the prices went up.

I picked up some dental floss and gave the clerk my charge card:

"Your card has expired."
"What? I don't remember getting a notice to pick up a new one."
"Do you have cash?"
"How about a check? No, wait. The bank is across the street. Hold the floss, and I'll be right back."
"I won't wait long."
"See you soon."

I called my husband, who was a surprised as I was and told me which clerk usually handles our account. Then I crossed the street and rushed into the bank. Our clerk wasn't there, so I found another who looked rather disappointed, since my presence forced him to end his phone conversation.

Within two minutes, I had my card, signed it and for it and was out the door, crossed the street again and surprised the clerk at Alba.

It was a good thing I had remembered to go into the drug store on the way to meeting my friend at Village Green, (which I must blog about, too,) because if I had gone in later, I would have found the bank closed.

You can call it a
siyata d'shmaya day,
a hand of G-d day.
Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: