Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Seen In Jerusalem

In between Tsippi Livni's meeting with President Peres, announcing new National Elections, and the opening of the Winter Knesset Session, which dealt with those same elections, I was in Jerusalem. They're busy with municipal elections. Here's Arkady Gaydamak's reflection on a coffee shop window.



And this picture points out that the lightrail, Olmert's miss-managed legacy to Jerusalem is still under construction.



Here's the fashion scene near the Jerusalem Bus Station.

And more Gaydamak signs.




It was funny yesterday. I went in to join the packing for "packages from home" for Israeli soldiers, but they had never gotten back to me to tell them that the time I said I could make it was too late. I arrived after they had finished. So, I rather quickly replanned my day, including that I didn't have to babysit, since the baby wasn't yet recovered from his stomach virus, and my daughter would be home. So, I did errands for us both. I bought some disposable "paper" baking pans, great for cakes, in Gindi on Agrippas St. I bought the grandkids some cute cookie cutters, too. At the homeopathic pharmacy, I got something for the grandkid. And then I checked in at the Unemployment office. I also picked up some ribbon-yarn for my latest project/hat to match a skirt I bought recently at Hagara, on sale of course. Then I took the bus to Ofra for a quick visit and delivery. And then, I went home. I got a ride with the gas guy who was excited to discover that I'm trekker's mother.
Yes, B"H, I'm feeling better, though still trying to catch the running nose to send it away.

No comments: