Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Different Kind of Busy Day

It's Thursday. I should be thinking about cooking for Shabbat, but I haven't even taken out the meat/poultry to thaw.



It's also, Rosh Chodesh MarCheshvan, that's the first day of the Hebrew month of MarCheshvan. Rosh Chodesh is traditionally considered a Women's Holiday. I try to celebrate by visiting Tel Shiloh, just a mile from my house, for prayers, psalms and contemplation. According to Jewish Law, "women's prayer," isn't identical to that of men, which gives us flexibility.




In the afternoon there will be a memorial ceremony for my friend Yehudit, who passed away just before the Succot Holiday. On Shabbat there will be a Shiur, lesson, in her memory and after Shabbat, we, her friends, daughters and other family members, will get together to remember her.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I hope the bitterness of Cheshvan becomes sweetness for you. (is that poetic?)

I wish you all comfort in remembering your dear friend.

Batya said...

Thank you so much.