Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nice To Be Nearby

Recently, I've gone for short visits to my married daughter to help out, just a bit, with the kids. If they were living further away, I wouldn't be able to.

Today I got to the babysitter on time, to take the kids home, while my daughter was stuck in traffic. She met us near the grocers and then she took the little ones and I took the oldest to her friend's house.

My kids never had that sort of relaxed relationship with grandparents. The visits were long and infrequent. My parents and in-laws worked hard to make an "impression." I don't feel that sort of stress.

Baruch Hashem, Thank G-d

2 comments:

Leora said...

Yes, that is special, for kids to have a relaxed, close relationship with a grandparent. I am glad my kids have access to at least their three living grandparents. And I adored my maternal grandmother, who used to visit us a lot and dote on us, her only grandchildren. I didn't see my paternal grandmother as much, but when she went into a nursing home nearby, I used to visit and just listen. She already had Alzheimer's at that point.

Batya said...

That's great. By the time I was 3 1/2 I had one living grandparent who was living with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I had no role model grandparent.