Tuesday, September 09, 2008

B"H, Home

Yes, my baby's home... sort of.

He hasn't unpacked at all. He's trying to figure out what next in his life. He doesn't want to stay here in Shiloh. It's not for 20 something singles. I understand that.

When I was young, I knew what I wanted, to marry, move to Israel, be a mother. And that's what I did, and here I am. And now I'm glad not to be working, because I never planned a career.

I'm lucky that my life had focus. Now, I have to rework my life, and it's not easy, but over the years I've done all sorts of things. I go forwards, not back.

And just a reminder to send links for Havel Havelim and JPIX and the Kosher Cooking Carnival.

2 comments:

A Living Nadneyda said...

Coming back to my parents' house over college breaks was always a challenge. I lived a completely separate life, with friends they'd never met. The house didn't feel like my house; even my bedroom was no longer mine, literally - my parents turned it into an office. The prospect of being a guest in my own bedroom was too upsetting, so I used to sleep on the sofa or even out in the back garden, in a sleeping bag.

It's really nice that you feel you've fulfilled the dreams of your younger self. I can relate, and I'm very thankful for it.

Batya said...

That must have been terrible for you, not really feeling that home was home.

He has been in and out of the house for over ten years, since he was in a dormitory high school. The boys' room sometimes looks like a storage room, but it still has everything they left. It's just that I now don't have room for all the "new" things.