Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Can Blog Forever...

...about the photos I took.

Here are three food related ones:

First there's a picture of some irresistible desserts in fancy kosher dairy restaurant on West 45th St., between 6th and Broadway, something like "My Most Favorite Food," formerly "My Most Favorite Dessert." And yes, the desserts are still good. Their soups are really fantastic, rare for restaurants. Salads are large. I ate there twice this visit. One visit I had a soup and a "first course," and on the other visit I was with two family members, and we shared two salads between the three of us. That's after two of us shared one of the soups. We also shared two desserts, and we were all stuffed. So, even though it's not cheap, you can cut costs and still enjoy yourself. In general, a good way of saving money in a restaurant is to just drink the "house water." To "dress it up," ask for slices of lemon. Don't have coffee, either. As expensive as a giant cup is at a "coffee place," it's cheaper than a small one at a fancy restaurnat.

Most Favorite Desserts
This next restaurant was visited by me many times, Shishkabob Palace, Middleneck Rd., Great Neck, NY. Great food for reasonable prices, meat, Israeli style. During the "nine days," when Torah observant Jews don't eat meat, they have great fish meals.

Reflecting on Middleneck Road
Lastly, the would you believe it "M&M" Store. No, I didn't buy anything.
M&M Store

No comments: