Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting Very Bored

I don't have enough to do.
I finished my teaching job, so it's more than vacation. I'll just have to go back there and get books and stuff and return the keys and some teaching cassettes which I don't need, even if they're mine. I'll have to learn the bureaucratic ropes of unemployment and pre-pension. It doesn't thrill me.
No, I'm not "looking for" another job, but if something happens, it'll be good.
Summer has been hard on me ever since my youngest went into the army. That was the first summer I didn't have kids at home at all. I remember feeling hyper and miserable all at once and would rush into Jerusalem for classes in the Israel Center.
Now I don't feel like rushing anyplace at all. I just go to the pool once a day and stay home.
This past week, since returning from NY, I really had very, very little to do. My married daughter (with 3 kids) only returned yesterday, so there wasn't even any babysitting.
Last night, after dark, I took a walk, but didn't get very far. It was a very social time. Lots of friends in the street, doing the same. During the day it's too hot and strong sun.
Time to doven and get ready for the pool, then cook for Shabbat. Sending cooked food to married daughter.

2 comments:

Leora said...

I hope you can find something that will satisfy you. Have you ever taken an art class? You have a nice eye. Except you would probably have to shlep to Jerusalem for a good one, no? A photography class? A women's learning class? volunteer? I'm sure others have thrown ideas at you, so I'll stop.

Have a Shabbat Shalom.

Batya said...

Actually there's an excellent painting/drawing teacher here in Shiloh, but I was never good at that sort of art. My sister teaches photography (in AZ) and agrees that it may be an expensive waste for me. I'm planning on some women's learning, a little babysitting and hopefully a small part-time job doing? and tutoring. But it's summer and slow.