Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eating Out Kosher

Yes, I admit it. It's easy to find a variety of kosher restaurants in north-western Nassau County, NY.

We, my parents, aunt, uncle and I, have made it a tradition to eat at the Dairy King in Lake Success. The JC Penney may be gone, but we're still loyal customers. The food is great and plentiful and this time my sister and niece were along, too. I'm sure they don't have kosher food like this in Arizona!

Lots of Food at Dairy King

At the Dairy King

Salads at the Dairy King

For something special, my parents' 60th Anniversary, we went to the kosher Chinese restaurant, Cho Sen, in Great Neck.

Cho Sen Chinese

more Cho Sen Chinese


We should have ordered lots less food; so much was left over. Not willing to waste, we brought it back to my parents' house.

9 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

yum yum :) so much easier in new york.

(although my brother was in arizona kashering a restaurant so i guess they have at least one...!)

Batya said...

better than none

I spent a fortune, but at least I had choices.

Anonymous said...

looks good to me!

It's easy to spend quite a bit of money such situations.

Leora said...

I spot brown rice at the Great Neck restaurant! I was a little disappointed with the Chinese food we had on Emek Refaim Street in Jerusalem. No brown rice and whatever vegetables they had were disguised in sauce. There is some Chinese restaurant in "central" Jerusalem; however, I mistook "mandarin" for "mehadrin", and it didn't seem to have a teudah. We had some laughs about that one.

Batya said...

t' between the LIRR and the restaurants, money was $pent!
leora, yes, they had brown rice, and the food was good. It's a chain and I don't know how the others are. I don't think I've eaten Chinese here.
We read what we want to see.

Baila said...

The other Chosen is near where I used to live in the Five Towns, Long Island. It too is yummy, expensive and serves plenty of brown rice.

Batya said...

The Great Neck is newer. Great Neck also has the Persian restaurant whose name I always forget. At first my mother wanted the party there, but she switched after hearing the prices, not that Cho-sen is cheap.
ps That brown rice was a treat! And the plain white was a hit with my oldest granddaugter.

Anonymous said...

at least the LIRR doesn't have to potential to derail a diet!

Batya said...

Good point, but just stay away from the Hagen Daz in Penn Station. That's all the kosher food there is there.