Sunday, June 01, 2008

Keep Me Away

Last Wednesday, before going to the Bar Mitzvah, I was in Jerusalem looking for a gift for tonight's Bat Mitzvah. These are really the most difficult of all gifts to choose. The dilemma is whether to buy something the 12 year old girl or 13 year old boy will like at the time, or something which will have longer lasting value? As I told the Bar Mitzvah boy, who looked at the book we gave him with trepidation:
"You will not stay 13 forever."

The Bat Mitzvah girl's mother had told me that her daughter likes "girl" things and has pierced ears. That was all I needed to know; I went looking for earrings. I found this lovely shop on Jerusalem's Yoel Solomon Street and quickly found what I hope are the "perfect earrings."

Photobucket
Then I took this picture, and suddenly I saw, just the earrings I wanted... It was obvious that they'd be just perfect for the outfit I had packed with me to wear at the Bar Mitzvah and also what I was looking for for this summer's NY wedding. So, it didn't take me long to pull out my charge card and buy myself a birthday present.

That should be it for birthday presents, right? Just keep me away from that store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that, finding nice things for myself when I am not expecting it.

Batya said...

Yes How could I resist, especially birthday week?