Monday, April 14, 2008

With A Little Help From A Friend

I was wondering if it would be safe for my nails to try another attempt on the remaining contac paper. If I covered it with a new layer, I'd just be postponing the inevitable, but I couldn't get the paper off. I didn't want to try chemical; they would corrode the floor and be bad for my skin and nails, even with rubber gloves. They'd probably corrode the gloves, too.


Then today, during my pre-lunch break I spoke to a friend. She knows lots of tricks, especially from her Jewish fly baby group. Actually, that's how I originally knew her. She told me to try a hair dryer.


The hair dryer heated the glue, and most came off. There were a few more pieces, which I got off by pouring some boiling water. So, that's how to get off contac paper, hair dryer heat and boiling water.


Now back to the laundry room.

No comments: