Monday, April 14, 2008

Sticky Problem

This isn't some creative modern art project. This is a very sticky problem. It's the downside of one of my favorite Passover "techniques" and annual attempts at redecorating.


Have you guessed?

Stubborn contac paper!

I like using contac paper on the counters and this "peninsula" table. I frequently leave the sticky stuff on this table for most of the year, since the cream-colored formica shows the scars of its age without shame. As you can see, last year's contac paper is still stubbornly holding on.

I could have done the fridge with all the time and energy I've wasted on the removal of this awful contac paper. At least this year I bought paper I find truly ugly, so I won't be as tempted to allow it to remain.

Happy cleaning!

PS Just a reminder. Please send me all of your kosher food (including Pesach preparation) links for the next Kosher Cooking Carnival. Remember that KCC isn't just a recipe carnival. It includes kosher food traditions, holiday foods, halachik articles, cookbook and restaurant reviews, anecdotes and, of course, kosher recipes! If you post or see anything concerning kosher food, please send via the carnival submission form.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Leora said...

KCC: I have until late May, right? Please, let me get through Pesach first before I even think about writing another recipe!

Thanks again for creating and managing KCC. I think it is one of those "bring us together" kind of institutions (if institution is an appropriate term for a blog carnival).

Batya said...

Yes, there's time. The idea is to send to the carnival the minute you post, so as not to forget.

About KCC, thanks. It's nice to have something Jewish which isn't political.