Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Changed--Sort Of--But No Strong Coffee


Just when I need good strong coffee.
If we had a computer like this, we'd have to put it away for Pesach.


We didn't have any help, so my husband and I flipped the kitchen chametz to Pesach last night, by ourselves. It's not quite finished. Surfaces aren't done. Sinks aren't ready. One closet isn't done either. I need a vacation. Also my bedroom wasn't touched. I have two more days of course. I have to go shopping, here in Shiloh, for minor things like sugar, matzah meal, matzah, milk, more eggs, spices, coarse salt, onions.


My hands feel like sandpaper.


My head feels like it's encased in a heavy sock.


The air outside is still white. Not good, though better than in the cities, which have more pollution. It's like G-d is beating his carpet in the Heavens.


I also have to cook. I wish there was a restaurant here where I could go out and buy one of those great "Israeli Breakfasts:"


  • two eggs, however you like 'em

  • whole wheat roll

  • juice of your choice

  • a cup of coffee

  • a variety of cheeses

  • fresh green salad

  • tuna and avocado in season

3 comments:

Leora said...

I get tired just reading this post. Please remember to take care of yourself.

But that Israeli breakfast does sound good! So, I am now going to turn off my Google Reader and head downstairs to the kitchen, that room that I seem to be living in lately.

Anonymous said...

Do you make that wonderful salad served in Israel and parts of the Middle East: cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, flat leaf parsley, lettuce, crumbled pita bread. and sumac spice? My favorite.

You are working so hard. Next year do you want me to come help you? ;~)

Batya said...

leora, vicki,
thanks

Of course I haven't done everything I had planned, but Pesach is definitely in my kitchen. I'll blog more about it, barring more electrical problems... but that's another story.