Friday, March 14, 2008

Ordered the Tickets

Prices have sure gone up, at least in dollars. I guess they've gone down in shekels. I hope that the dollar will stay down when we're in NY. That way I can shop for bargains.
My reason for going to New York is family, not shopping, but I do love Manhattan. I agree with the cliche` that it's a great place to visit, but only visit. During my past few visits, I've always saved a day to shop in New Jersey, too. This visit I won't have to shop for all the family, since the entire family will be in for a wedding. That means I should be able to bring back the books I bought myself last year. I stocked up on "fun reading" in the Great Neck Public Library at 50 cents a book. My aunt said that Oceanside charges only 10 cents. Maybe I'll shop there, too. So, as you see, I'm not a big spender.

4 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

i can't wait to do a spot of shoppin in NY/NJ :)

and see friends of course...

Batya said...

When?

frumhouse said...

Have fun! I love to visit New York! It's been about a year since I've been there. I like to shop for Judaica items because they are much cheaper than in Chicago, but I'm sure not cheaper than in Israel.

Batya said...

fh, Here in Israel, there's Judaica we can buy in the grocery store, depending on the season, of course.

I've never been to Chicago. I have a cousin in the area/suburbs.