Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's The Jewish Month of Adar, Passover Is Around The Corner

I just pulled some frozen meatballs, at least I think they're meatballs, out of the freezer. Within a month, the freezer must be emptied of all the food stocked in it. I don't have to cook for Shabbat this week. Three reasons:
  1. There's a tray of cooked chicken in the freezer.
  2. There's a tray of cooked turkey drumsticks in the freezer.
  3. We're going to the YU Alumni Shabbaton.

Because of the cooked food, which I cooked last month, before I knew that all the kids would be coming the Shabbat my baby was here, we'll have plenty to eat next week. I only do the "heavy" cooking once a week, when I prepare for Shabbat. There are just two of us in this empty nest, and it is a waste of time to cook daily. Washing the dishes every day is the only daily kitchen chore necessary.

So, please, if you haven't already, do your inventory and use things up.

Remember, too, that the Kosher Cooking Carnival will be at Little Frumhouse on the Prairie next week, so send in links to any suitable posts.

No comments: