Thursday, March 27, 2008

Feast On The View

Because the food is horrid!!

I had eaten there before a couple of years ago, and the food was fine, maybe even great. I don't remember feeling the need to complain.

But this time, the White Nights in the Menachem Begin Heritage Center was a terrible disappointment. I wish I could forget it, like the waitress kept forgetting us.

The restaurant is attractive, the view from the terrace is absolutely great, except when I looked at "that wall." The "other wall" was fine. Of course, our visitor tried to tell me that the old city walls were built for the same reasons as the new one. But the new one won't last for centuries and more. It won't last long at all.
The view of Jerusalem's Old City is for a picture postcard.

Come for the view and maybe a cup of coffee. If you're allergic to dairy products, I don't think there's a thing to eat. The pitcher of water, which I requested at least five times, looked impressive with its lemons slice and mint leaves, but they left out ice cubes, making it more like dish water.

No comments: