Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Davka, When I Wanted to Walk

Don't call it a diet!

I'm just trying to... you know, move a little more, eat a little less carbs.

If I call it a "diet," or "trying to lose weight," I'll just get hungrier and lazier. Actually, I don't think it's possible to get much lazier than I already have gotten. And my not always feeling great knee needs spoiling.

Well, I walked down to the fruit and veggie store to buy more salad like a good girl, the one nearby. The owner's car was there, but it was dark. So I went into the "grandma beware" store, which makes a good portion of its profits off of grannies like me. I bought "a few things." Really not much, light enough to carry. The owner offered me a ride up, but I decided to be a good girl and walk. And then when I was walking, someone else stopped to give me a ride. I pounded my fists into my flab, and she got the message.

Murphy's at it again. Do you know how many times I schlepp up when I need a lift?

No comments: