Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes, Yesterday

Yes, yesterday was one of those days. I wrote on Shiloh Musings that I found myself at a Sderot demonstration against Olmert. Actually, I hadn't planned on walking down that street, but...

Let's start earlier in the day.

My walking buddy called in the morning and suggested that we take a walk to Shvut Rachel. It's just a ten minute walk straight east from my house. In a few weeks, the area should be full of gorgeous wild flowers. Now it is just sprouting new homes.



We made it to Shvut Rachel, which was established after my friend and neighbor, Rachella Druk was murdered.

Then instead of just walking back through the valley, we walked down the road and along the new sidewalk back up, via our supermarket, back home. It's quite a walk, and we both had plans to go to Jerusalem on the 10:30 bus.


We met up later at the bus stop. And just as the bus pulled up, I remembered that I had forgotten something important at home and then had to walk all the way back home, not an easy walk. When I got home I debated whether to go back down and count on a ride to Jerusalem or stay home a bit, wash the dishes etc.

I went back and wasted an hour waiting for a ride and ended up on the 11:30 bus. The ride was OK, that is until we got about a mile from the bus station, and traffic stopped, crawled, just took its time.

We eventually made it to the bus station, and I was surprised to enter quickly, went back out the other way, found the #9 bus stop... and waited ....and waited, at least 40 minutes, about double it would have taken me to walk to the Israeli Museum. I would have just walked, but I had already had a long walk, and the sun was very strong.

The bus finally came, and just when it was supposed to turn towards the Knesset and Museum after taking the new route from Hebrew University to some new offices, instead of the Knesset and Museum, we saw the police blocking the road. So I had to get off there and walk another ten minutes. That's when I found the demonstration.

I finally got to the Museum, and while I was waiting for my daughter to come out of her office, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the guard was a former student.

My daughter and I had a nice lunch; I didn't embarrass her by photographing it. Then I left.

Now I have to plan, OK I planned it in my head, but I have to write up the "handouts" for today's lesson.

Still no spellcheck!

2 comments:

frumhouse said...

I am loving your pictures!! I can't get spellcheck to work for me on blogger either.

Batya said...

frumhouse, thank you so much!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one without spellcheck. Problem is that I'm so dependent on it.