Thursday, February 28, 2008

Close Call!

Don't panic; nothing serious. But I must be losing it to almost do something so foolish.

For some very peculiar reason I had been convinced that my two passports were expiring this spring. It's strange. I did look at them on a number of occasions and was sure they said: -08. I made an appointment at the US Consulate, online, to apply for a new one, and this morning I got dressed specially to have my picture taken, two sizes, so they'd be good for both American and Israeli passports.

The plan was to then go to the Ministry of the Interior office and get the form for the Israeli passport. Then, when I took my passport out of the closet, just in case there was no line and I could do it this morning, I took a look again. It had been renewed in 2004. That means that five years later is 2009--next year.

I never said that I was perfect.

No comments: