Monday, January 28, 2008

Will It Or Won't It?

The whole country's going snow berserk.

It has always snowed in the mountains, Jerusalem, north and south. We didn't always know in advance. The surprise was a major part of the fun. Now they've been giving such specific time tables.

It reminds me of how, in my birthing days, I had no idea if I was going to have a girl or boy. The suspense was part of the fun! And some of my friends were surprised when two babies came out instead of one. There are teenage quadruplets here in Shiloh, whom the doctors insisted were only going to be triplets. It's just that one ultrasound showed two boys and a girl and the other ultrasound showed two girls and a boy. The doctors were very confused. I gave you the punchline earlier. Four babies came out, two boys and two girls.

Nowadays expectant parents compare pictures of the unborn babies to see whom they resemble. Don't say anything, please.

So, now, will it snow? From what hour? For how many days?

The media keeps giving instructions on how to prepare, as if it's the first time in Israeli history:

All I really care about is that we have electricity and water the whole time, otherwise we'll freeze here.

My own theory on this hysteria isn't all that nice. Lots of people are making good money working overtime waiting for the snow. They are municipal workers and media people among others. As I said, all I care about is the electricity and water.

No comments: