Thursday, January 03, 2008

What's for Lunch?

No, no, those were just things sitting around the science lab where I was testing students.

Here's a picture I took today, eating lunch out with my daughter and baby grandson. Well, he ate, but not the restaurant food.

Can anybody guess where?

A lot of Israeli restaurants have fully stocked bars.

This one is called Shakespeare. I don't think ol' William ate food like they serve there. It's one of those typical Jerusalem dairy restaurants. I've had better, and I've had worse. We took the "business lunch." My daughter had onion soup and ravioli, and I had salad and quiche. The waiter should have told me that the quiche came with a salad; then I would have had the tomato soup. The problem with the food was that it was oily, and the salad was salty.
Yesterday, before I went to a wedding, I ate out with my son. We went to a little place on the corner of the Clal Building, on Jaffa Road, Jerusalem. I had lentil soup, the best soup I remember in a restaurant for years and years. I used to love the vegetable soup in a health food restaurant on Yabetz Street, owned/run by someone named Sarah. Oh, and my son had some other things, very unusual, special stuff and he loved it all.
While we're talking about food, don't forget to send in your posts for the Kosher Cooking Carnival!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I'm hungry...
regards to the holyland

Batya said...

nu, hop on a plane for some great food in the Holiest of Holylands.