Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning, Really?

My skin is so dry and awful from the weather.

Shabbat was nice. The kids warmed up the house. My grandson is enormous and adorable. No, he's no fat, just big. And my granddaughters are growing up. I have to start looking for next year's clothes. I already bought two jumpers in the next size for the big one.

Friday night there was a "Shiloh-Style
Tish." It was to celebrate Thirty Years of Renewed Jewish Life in Shiloh. It was led by Yossi Apter, and a number of neighbors spoke, including Rav Elchanan Bin Nun, who has been our rabbi since almost the beginning. We came to Shiloh three and a half years after the return, and they were here already and building their house with the first group of "build your own homes." This Shabbat there were also some families here which had left Shiloh. It was a nice reunion.


Shabbat afternoon there were a few walking tours. My husband led one here in the neighborhood, and our daughter joined in to tell everyone what it was like the very first day the school opened. Her teacher, also, spoke.

2 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

Living in Shiloh sounds so lovely. I envy people like you, who are taking part in something so special, something bigger than themselves. I made aliyah 11 years ago, but had to return to the States after only three years, for personal and unavoidable reasons. I now find myself stuck here, unable to return for the next few years at least. I miss being in Israel so much, and I really hope to be able to return at some point in the future. In the meantime, it feels nice to know that there are families such as yours "living the dream".

Batya said...

super, I don't have full control over my life, but I've always tried to do things that I wouldn't regret.
We were lucky to have been single-minded enough to just make aliyah before starting the path that snares so many.
Baruch Hashem, G-d has been good to us. The friends who told us to move with them to Shiloh went back to Jerusalem a number of years ago. We're still friends with them, and we're thankful.

G-d willing you'll make it.