Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stupendous!!

I'm very proud of myself.
I did something totally out of character.
I did something that's good for my health.
Do you see that strange picture down there?
Can you guess what it is?
Nu?!
Guess again.
Well?!
Yes, it's a skirt, a wet skirt.
I was on my way to work. I walked down to the bus stop
and found that my skirt
and my tights
and my heavy, heavy black jacket
and even in my boots...
Yes, everything was wet!
VERY WET!
So I called up the principal of the school, and I told him:
"I haven't even left Shiloh, and
I'm already dripping wet.
There is no way I can teach today.
I'm afraid
that I'll be stuck in Beit El."



So, I went home, and that's where I am.

2 comments:

Leora said...

Take it from this New England ("if you don't like the weather, wait a minute")bred-girl...what you need is a Gortex skirt. Unfortunately, no one has invented such a thing yet. I really would like one for walking to shul on rainy days.

Look forward to some Israeli snow shots. We've got boring bare ground here in New Jersey.

Batya said...

I'll tell you what I'd really like, and there was a time I had it, door-to-door transportation.

A couple of years ago, when I found myself dripping wet at the bus stop, I called the secretary and asked her to organize me some dry shoes and socks. At first she thought I was kidding. I taught in her socks and sneakers that day.

But this year I told my boss that "at my age I'm not endangering my health for this job."

I promised myself that if I ever end up dripping wet on my way to work, I'll just go home. And I did!