Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Little Further Afield...

Today a neighbor and I decided to wander around Tel Shiloh. Isn't it something how all of a sudden, ever since I began writing about praying in Shiloh instead of at Kever Rachel, Rachel's Tomb, I find that others are interested, too.

The Mishkan, Tabernacle, Jewish spiritual center was in Shiloh for 369 years, from Joshua to Samuel. You can still feel the holiness. People come from all over the world.

Here are some pictures:


Tel Shiloh II 3

Tel Shiloh II 1

Tel Shiloh II 2

Tel Shiloh II 4

Tel Shiloh II 5

Tel Shiloh II 6

Tel Shiloh II 7

Tel Shiloh II 8
It wasn't enough for us just to walk around the Tel; we also walked on the main road and back in to Shiloh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great little tiyul to me! I can't believe how cold it is there now! It was much warmer when I came to you for Shabbat last year.

I love Tel Shiloh- our history really comes alive there!

Batya said...

It sure was. History is certainly alive here.
We've never had such a cold, dry winter. Certainly G-d's punishing us.