Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Present!


Yes, do you see all those new shelves?

Our old, very first, couch (Hazorea made bought in 1971 discounted with our "immigrant rights,") sans mattresses had been in that spot. It used to be our "guest bed." Now we don't have much in sleep-over guests, just the kids, who claim that the dust-filled air of the den could prove fatal. The couch, made of top-quality teak, was where I put the clean laundry before folding it. It also held tons of other things.
We really needed more shelves, or less books, so the kids collected for a present. I understand that they also got my parents to chip in.
I staked out one shelf for myself, one for the grandchildren stuff and one to store the laptop and sewing supplies.
Son #1, aka the trekker, took care of the ordering, via a friend who's working for a Shomron furniture store, and the assembly installation.
I certainly have the greatest kids!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

titchadshi!

Batya said...

Thanks!
And you know how the room looked before.