Monday, November 19, 2007

Curves #5 Busy and Lucky

Fifth visit to Curves. This time was the best of the stretch workouts. I can't remember the routine and have to get one of the instructors to show me. I was never good at memorizing. She seems so surprised at my flexibility. I guess my fat fools them. The regular circuit isn't really strenuous enough for me.

When I was on the bus going to town to meet a friend for lunch and chat, I realized that my gold bracelet wasn't on. I couldn't really remember if I had put it on. For over four years it was on 24 hours a day, since the clasp was broken. Finally last summer, when in New York, I had my mother's jewelry repairman fix it. I kept debating whether or not to call Curves to see if it had been found. But I wasn't sure if I had it on at all. Quite a dilemma. I convinced myself to stay calm.

I had a busy day. I met my friend and we went to the nice coffee shop I had been to with my baby the day of Yochai's brit milah. This time we couldn't smell the coffee. It was full with a lunch crowd and lots of people were eating with their laptops open. There was a more extensive menu. The lunch deal was great! Three courses:
  • yogurt or salad
  • sandwich or large salad
  • coffee with cookies

Then I walked to my photo place to print a couple of pictures, killed the waiting time buying cabbage and squash in the shuk, picked up the pictures and walked to the bus station. Got myself a cheap umbrella on the way. Rain expected. Even got a ride up the hill, straight to my door.

Did lots of things including dinner. Oh, yes, finally before going to bed I looked for my gold bracelet. It was home all the time.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

Did you say Ben Parat Yosef? Amazing self-control here. I'd have obsessed all day long.
Oh, the thought of those coffee shops makes me miss Israel SO much!

Batya said...

I didn't.
I just kept telling myself it must be home and reminding myself that if it's gone it's because I didn't give enough charity and instead of the death or illness of someone dear.
In recent years I've really been working hard on changing myself.