Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wasting time and... coffee

I just seem to waste too much time.

Just before getting on with my morning and then to work, I want to remind you of the latest Carnival of the Recipes. Its theme is cereal, breakfast, just the way to start the day.

Actually, I start mine with a few cups of water, then strong coffee. And of course, I drink it all here in the den, while busy on the computer. I "perc" strong "Turkish" coffee in my coffee maker, filter-style. I used to use a real percolator, but now I have this electric filter one. When "perc-ing" on the stove, you could smell the coffee all over the house. Now, it's more discreet.

Considering how much I pay for the coffee and how much is charged in coffee shops for a much smaller cup, it seems terribly wasteful to drink coffee out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The atmosphere and the chance to spend time chatting with friends, while not having to eat a full meal, seems to be the real allure of coffee houses.

Batya said...

I never got into the habbit. My friends and I usually go out for meals. Lunch and brunch mostly, though isramom and I usually do dinner, since we can't meet during the day.