Monday, October 22, 2007

Shopping in Jerusalem

This is a Jerusalem landmark.

People come here from all over the world, including Israel, to buy sandals and other shoes. I'm pretty sure that I bought my first Israeli shoes here. They were a sort of tan colored corduroy, which I wore on Yom Kippur, when I was a student in Machon Greenberg. Yes, that was a long time ago.

Styles have changed, as have popular shoemakers and some of the staff, but I don't think anything else has changed here in the almost forty years I've known the store.

Can anybody guess its name? Or at least the location?




6 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

it's not the naot factory outlet cos that was in some outer area that was boiling hot when we went there.

Batya said...

Yes, it's a veteran shoe store, not an outlet nor factory.

Sarah Likes Green said...

k, then i don't know the name of it.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a typical Geulah store!

Toto said...

It's that one on the corner of King George, right? I bought a pair of Naots there back in 2000.

Batya said...

sarah, I'll take you there, when you're next in Israel.
ft, not geula
emah s, not King George, but you're getting close...