Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Is it really September 5?

Time flies, though we didn't. We took a boat. Yes, we docked Saturday night, Haifa Port, September 5, 1970. It was barely two and a half months after our wedding.

Like this year, Rosh Hashannah was three days including Shabbat. I felt gypped. It wasn't fair. I was sure that by making aliyah I'd never have to deal with such a challenge.

Making aliyah was the smartest thing we could ever have done. Next in importance was our move to Shiloh eleven years later.

Shabbat Shalom and Shannah Tovah

2 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

my father in law's parents still live in Haifa..
How is it compared to Shiloh?
Always,
Crusty~
Mazel Tov on all those years of wedded bliss!!

Batya said...

Two of my daughters did their national service there. Haifa is on the coast, and Shiloh is inland in the mountains.

thank you