Friday, September 21, 2007

Erev Yom Kippur-- plenty to do

It's no longer Daylight Savings in Israel, so the Yom Kippur, day of intensive prayer and fasting, starts pretty early. At least it seems early, since the clock was just changed last Saturday night.

I have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do. Cooking for a 25 hour fast? Well, we have to eat before and after, and my daughter, due with #3, "ordered catering" from me. So I need to return to the kitchen and finish early enough for the food to be delivered.

And there's lots of clean, since I never fully cleaned up from the 4 day Rosh Hashannah visit of that daughter and her family.

Let's just all pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby, since that's all that's really important. I'll let you know when there's news, of course, G-d willing.

Tzom Kal, "Have an easy fast" to all of you who are fasting this Yom Kippur, and may your prayers of repentance be successful. Don't get distracted. Try to concentrate on what's written in the Prayer Book, even if it means reading the translation. If you need a "break," close your eyes and let the sound of the chazan, cantor, transform your thoughts to a higher level.
Gmar Chatimah Tovah
May You Be Inscribed in The Book of Life

5 comments:

Juggling Frogs said...

Tzom kal, Batya.

Wishing your daughter b'shaa tova, and a chatima tova to all.

Lady-Light said...

I don't know what the heck I'm doing at my 'puter on erev Yom haKippurim!! I too, have to clean, do laundry and cook. Like the Frog Juggler I wish your daughter a "besha'ah tovah" and all of you a Gmar Hatimah Tovah.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

May you have a wonderful, healthy, safe and productive year, Dear Me-ander!!
Always,
Crusty~

Sara with NO H said...

a gmar chasima tova shanas geula vyeshua v'hisromos keren yisroel.

Batya said...

No news, but B"H, she did get through the fast ok, resting at home.

jf, ll, cb, s,
Thanks for all your good wishes.

All the best to all of you!