Monday, August 13, 2007

Oops! & Reminder


First for the reminder, don't forget the Kosher Cooking Carnival. This month it will be on Juggling Frogs.
Remember that the carnival is much more than just a collection of recipe posts. We're about to enter Shemitta year, so there are halachik issues, which are also welcome. Cookbook and restaurant reviews, plus menus and funny stories. Anything, as long as it's kosher!
Please send your posts via blog carnival.
Thanks!

Oops! I just knew that I'd forget something when I posted about all the kosher restaurants I frequented during my two and a half week visit to New York.

I had tuna salad in some meat place in Great Neck, nothing special. I was starving that day and with my sister and niece. It was the day of the first big rain. We had gone to the library near Waldbaum's and were planning on eating in the bagel place nearby, but the bagel place was closed due to rain damage. The nearby bank was also closed.

Even more important was was restaurant in the Museum of Jewish Heritage. It's a meat restaurant, but my friend and I didn't want meat. We had their special, a small soup and half a sandwich, lox. It was delicious.

2 comments:

mother in israel said...

How about a deadline?

Batya said...

Next week. If you send via blog carnival, it's written there.