Friday, August 10, 2007

MAZAL TOV! Happy Birthday!


Yesterday, August 9, was my father's 87th birthday.


I've never checked out the Hebrew date for him; though my husband and I celebrate our kids' (and our own) according to the Jewish Calendar.


My father's father didn't live long enough to be a grandfather, but my father and his two siblings are still alive, bli eyin haraa, the youngest being 80. My grandmother lived until about his age, and she then had six great-grandchildren. My father's third, will G-d willing be born within a couple of months, and his elder brother has two.


My father worked as a CPA for many years. He has survived an aneurysm and can still walk a mile or more without any pains.


G-d willing, he and my mother will be visiting us in Israel in a couple of months.

8 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

Mazal Tov Mr. Spiegelman!!!

Batya said...

thanks, darling
How's the countdown to the wedding?
Mazal Tov to you, too!

JHS said...

Thanks for your contribution to the Carnival of Family Life!

And Happy Birthday, Dad!

Batya said...

a double thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!

Batya said...

Thanks so much!

marcel said...

dgxBonjour a tous
Quoi de neuf?
Justement vous avez tous voulu un jour ecrire a une grande personnalite!
He bien ecrivez une lettre et je la poste sur mon site
a bientot
marcel
jewisheritage.fr

Batya said...

I don't understand French, so I hope you wrote something nice.