Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm not ready

Do I write this every year?

I'm just not ready to return to work this week. Really, no exaggerations. On Thursday I went in for a short, waste of time, staff meeting.

I've been feeling sick since yesterday. Could it be the stress?

On one hand, I'm ready in that I emailed the opening of the year tests. Of course they're based on the material they were supposed to learn over the summer. The chances that they actually studied the material is pretty much nil. But I'll have to give them the tests, mark them and record the grades.

Hmmmm... that reminds me of something important. I don't have a grade book. The book publisher which had been sending them out didn't this year. And even though I'll be there to teach, What a fool am I..., officially my union is on strike. Usually they send us a big, thick, diary/grade book.

There is so much else to do before I start. I'm also in "negotiations" about my schedule.

I must find a way to enjoy tomorrow, the last day....

No comments: