Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hobbies

For the past two years, my hobby has been crocheting. I crochet hats, only hats, sort of large large kippot for myself or my daughter. I also crocheted "reggae hats" for my sons. They are like oversized berets.

I crochet all over the place, waiting rooms, buses, staff meetings, airplanes and watching television or movies.

Re- movies, I bought more in NY. Lots of choice for $10- a piece.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In New York, when with my parents, when we took my father to the doctor, I also crocheted in that waiting room. A woman began talking to me about my crocheting. It ends up that she's an expert in all sorts of crafts.

She showed me a cute carrier for her equipment.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And she showed me how to crochet squares, but I should have written down the instructions, rather than photographing them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom has taken to crocheting again; all of a sudden,everyone is getting scarves, hats, etc. My second scarf is coming along now. It's nice to have a "hug", especially in the cold of winter, even when far away.

Batya said...

Probably at some point I'll have to try something else, but the circles are the easiest.

You're a lucky boy.