Thursday, August 30, 2007

A couple of end of summer scenes...

It is still unbearably hot. I don't leave the house unless I have no choice. For the first 15 years or so in this house we had neither fans nor shades in the living/dining room with open kitchen. I was perfectly comfortable most of the time.

Now we have two fans, one ceiling and one on a pole. I also have shades on all the windows to keep the sun out, and it's hot, terribly hot. We're debating investing in one of those air conditioner/heaters. It seems like "everybody" is getting them, if they haven't gotten them already.

In the shade it's fine. Doesn't the dog look happy?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Outdoors there's a breeze in some places.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kids don't seem to care. I didn't either when I was young. I remember riding my bicycle around in weather that was in the high 90's both temperature (Fahrenheit) and humidity.

2 comments:

Holly Schwendiman said...

Kids do seem immune to the heat! It was a 107 here today when I picked my son up from school at 11 AM - I'm so stink'n tired of the high temps!!

Hugs,
Holly

Batya said...

yes, Holly,
Though we try to keep them out of the heat. In the days when I was a gym teacher, I had to check the forecast, since if it was over 30c, I couldn't take them outside.