Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busy, busy...

Last night we were at a wedding, beautiful but hot. Netanya isn't Shiloh! The couple is studying medicine in Eastern Europe. But the really interesting thing was that I knew a number of the waiters, students of mine. And this week, when I was in Jerusalem, I spotted another student working at a pizza place. I'm sure I ruined his day, when I said "hello." He'll be back in my classroom next week, Gevalt! Lat night's group greeted me happily; maybe because they'll have different teachers. The important thing is that they work, even if English isn't their favorite subject.

Why do I have "work" on my mind? I have a short staff meeting today. Of course, it's at the very worst, I stand corrected--could be much worse, time of the day. I don't know when I'll be able to cook for Shabbat, since I also have to babysit. If I'm lucky, I'll get a ride home when it's over, cook and then go to babysit.

I also need to pay a shiva, condolence call. If I don't get a ride, I'll just phone.

We're getting to the two weeks until the pool closes stage of the summer, and my work schedule this year will make it very difficult to travel to the pool in Jerusalem.

ps Blogger is acting up. I still can't figure out why I have to do word verification twice to post on my own blog. The save when posting doesn't work any more, and when I posted earlier to Shiloh Musings, the posts didn't show.
Busy, busy...
Another day....

No comments: