Sunday, July 22, 2007

telling the truth

Mother in Israel has some interesting posts about telling the truth in the shidduch scene when it comes to mental illness.

Some people rationalize that when medication has the illness "under control," it's the same as "cured." That's a very dangerous mistake. There is no "cure," but it's possible to live perfectly ordinary lives when under proper care. There's a genetic factor which must be taken into consideration, too.


And what kind of relationship can be based on a lie?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it in my work all the time. More relationships based on lies than we care to know.

Here's some for you:
http://www.lovefraud.com/03_trueLovefraudStories/case_histories.html

shalom

Jacob Da Jew said...

Let me know if you get into Brooklyn..I work in the area too.

Batya said...

b, yes, it's dangerous for all

jdj, as much as I love the land of my birth, I may not make it into Brooklyn; spending time on more eastern li, manhattan and westchester