Sunday, June 24, 2007

Reflecting on HH #122

First of all, I'm breaking with my usual practice of replying personally to all comments, which have email addresses. I apologize, though I know that most bloggers don't reply to comments, unless there's something very important.

I do appreciate your thanks, but please remember that Havel Havelim has grown and improved only because the jblog world has really become a world of serious journalists.

We have barely tapped our potential.

Following is the letter I sent with the HH #122 announcement. If you're not on my jblogger list, you can read it here.

This is far from my first Havel Havelim, and I must say that the response by jbloggers from all over the world has been amazing! Thank you one and all!

I did not restrict the amount of posts per blogger. That's for a few reasons. One, honestly, I have better things to do than judge which post is better. I know what it's like to write a "great post" Sunday morning, and then, before Monday's sun has set, to write an even better one and find that by the time the week has ended, four or more posts were submitted. I'm no Naomi Shemer, but I remember reading an interview where she was asked, "Which is your favorite song?"

Her answer was: "The last one I wrote." Each song, to me, is better than its predecessors."

So, my approach is to include everything in Havel Havelim.

Another reason is that I work on it all week, and I find it difficult if too many bloggers send their posts at the end of the week, because they were waiting to see which was best. Also, some of the bloggers may forget to send their links.

With the masses of links sent in, I no longer feel it so necessary to search the web.

One thing I ask is that you please announce it, publicize it on your blog. The blog carnivals are to expose the various blogs to more readers. Thank you!

No comments: