Thursday, June 14, 2007

Moi in the Gossip Column?

This may very well be a first!

My husband and I are mentioned in the Jerusalem Post's "gossip column." OK, it's not called "gossip;" it's the "Grapevine," more a listing of social and diplomatic events in Israel. And yes, I did spend some time talking to Greer, who writes it.

Here's the piece:

Among the other guests were Bobby and Linda Brown, and Israel and Beth Medad, who kicked up a storm during the dancing to sixties rock music - which was far from easy on the artificial turf. (for complete article click here)

Yes, she used my old name; no surprise, considering that's what Steve and all my old friends call me. I've mentioned many times that I'm like Pavlov's dogs when it comes to the music of my youth. Three of my kids were there, and I'm sure they were embarrassed. I'm glad I didn't see anyone from work. One thing for sure, I'm not sorry I wore my red Easy Spirit "canvas shoes." And, actually, it was very comfortable dancing on that artificial turf. My bad knee didn't complain at all!

Here's a picture I took at the Bar Mitzvah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got your own 5 minutes of fame, without jumping off thew empire state building, that is an acchvemnte

marallyn ben moshe said...

woohu muse...woohu

Lion of Zion said...

what is your connection to bartal (i assume you guys are generally not on the short list of invitiation from peres's office.)

Batya said...

nuch, This is my first dance review, at least for decades. I've been on all sides of the media in the past.

mar' oh, yes, woohu

ari, the connection is Betar. The Liebowitz Bar Mitzvah...