Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Makes me feel young!




I'm one of those highly kinesthetic people who react very instinctively to music, a strange variation on Pavlov's dogs.

When I hear the music of my youth, I feel the energy I enjoyed all those decades ago. So when I read a great interview with Paul McCartney, I feel like an innocent high school student. When I hear the old Beatles music, I sing and dance like I did in the mid-'60's. Talking about Paul McCartney, would you believe that he's 65? Naw! Can't be! At least he says:



'Truth Is, I'm the Same Guy I Always Was'

I can agree with that feeling. The old me is buried in the present fat and disguised by my present costumes and posture.

My first awareness that there was a group called the Beatles was when I got a letter with a news clipping from my English penpal. I think her name was something like "Mair Courtney." She wrote that it was her favorite band, and I think that she circled John, explaining that he was her favorite. They looked so peculiar. I thought she was crazy. She had also sent me a photo of a strange-looking car, which she said was the queen's. The queen had passed near their home, and they had photographed the "grand event."

Within a few months, we began hearing the Beatles on the radio, and they became popular.... of course the rest is history!

I don't think anyone can deny that there's a special energy in their music. If I need to get things done, like cleaning for Pesach, I get some help from my friends.

No comments: