Sunday, June 10, 2007

ahhh, yes, Friday

Well, I was the first at the pool this season. Did you doubt me?

I went, even though the sky was grey, and it wasn't hot.

I got there... before the lifeguard, and I got there... before the girl who does the cleaning and makes sure there's toilet paper in the OO's. I also got there before the key to open it. We were all waiting, after opening time, for him and the key. It felt like Europe, cold and drizzling. Could this really be Shiloh in June? He finally showed up, helped the ladies, his employees, roll the cover off of the water. Then he left and then I shed my robe, put on the sunscreen and a shirt over my bathing suit, and my cap and swimming gloves.

Oh, the water. It wasn't all that cold, certainly no colder than the air at 7:50 am. OK, I had ten minutes and then back home to get ready for the party!

The PARTY!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, my husband is turning 60, but he's not "old."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two of the speakers were over 80, including the incomparable and unconquerable, Geula Cohen. My husband worked for her for many years, when she was a Member of Knesset.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mazal Tov and Shavua Tov!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

Happy Birthday to Yisrael! Looks like you had a nice party! :)

Batya said...

Thanks!

It was fun!

Anonymous said...

Mazal Tov! (After congratulating you on your grandaughter's birthday, I couldn't let this go by!)

Batya said...

Thank you so much!