Tuesday, June 12, 2007

40th? Yes, Class of '67!

I received a link to pictures from my 40th high school reunion. No, I wasn't there, and there wasn't an Israeli alternate event. Blogging this is as close as it comes, since I'm the only alumnus in Israel.

Great Neck North, the class of Jon Avnet, his wife, Barbara and the late, Andy Kaufman.*

I looked at the pictures, and everyone, at least almost everyone, looks so old and brittle. Do I? If they were to see a picture of me, what would they say? Old, fat and peculiar?

I'm in touch with just one friend from the class. We've been best friends since before graduation. She doesn't look old. And she wasn't at the reunion, either.

Thinking back, I don't remember having any real conversations with anyone in the pictures, and I can't imagine what I would have to say to them now, besides the
Where do you live?
Are you married?
How many children? grandchildren?
Are you retired yet?

I don't think any blog; at least they're not part of the jblog community. If any of their kids are, I guess they'll comment, unless my blog isn't one they visit.

I'll be respectful enough not to blog any of the reunion pictures.

*I'm not going to google for links, since I want to get into the pool before the sun is too strong. If you've never heard of these celebrities, you can search, especially for high school photos!

7 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Cool that is so nice.

Batya said...

Yes, the pool, right?

ELLEN said...

about great neck north 67 reunion. I was there and you are so wrong that so many looked old and brittle. I think you have been too long in the Israel shemesh! And you are not the only one in Israel. who are you anyway?

Batya said...

sorry; didn't mean to insult anyone...
Ok, are you a classmate or a spouse? And who else is here from class of 1967?
My old name is Beth Spiegelman. Who are you?

ELLEN said...

You did insult all of us. this class and especially the reunion was full of love and we all connected like never before. And we all looked great! I don't remember you - I'm Ellen Levy. Did our paths ever connect? I go to Israel every year - lived there for a while and quite connected to Israel in every way. You must have had a bad high school experience.

Batya said...

Ellen, I'm looking at your picture in the yearbook.
I don't remember you, either.
I'll be in NY, G-d willing this summer, and if you're in Israel again, maybe we can meet.
shilohmuse at gmail dot com

ps Who from the class is here besides me?

Anonymous said...

from gnn 67....would like to see photos
could you let me know where to find them.